In 2017, Canada celebrated its 150th anniversary since Confederation. With this theme in mind, we wanted to gift you 150 business startup ideas to help inspire you and get you thinking outside the box.
Do Some Soul-Searching Before Business Planning
Now, finding a cool and innovative business idea is definitely an exciting part of the startup process. You get the opportunity to flex your creative muscles and do something that is truly original. However, the business idea is only part of the overall process to consider before launching any new venture. There are a lot of other factors to consider before selecting a particular business idea. Here are a few additional questions you should ask yourself:
- Is this idea something you can actually see yourself doing?
- What are your motivations for starting the business?
- Have you researched the industry, market, competition, target market and trends?
- Do you have enough money to get started?
- Do you have the education/experience needed?
- Do you have the required resources to get things going?
- Are you willing to put in the necessary time and energy?
If you’ve determined that starting a business is right for you, give some thought as to what will make your startup stand-out and what will make it unique. You may not be able to protect a business idea per se, but you might be able to protect parts of the idea. Check out the Canadian Intellectual Property Office for more information on patents, trademarks, copyrights, etc.
Get ready to kickstart the new year with your own business! Take a look at these creative 150 business ideas!