Using the Canada-Alberta Job Grant for Your Small Business
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG) is an employer-driven training program where employers and government share the cost of training new and existing employees to increase their knowledge and skills to meet the needs of Alberta’s changing economy.
Highlights of CAJG
- Government contributes two-thirds of the cost of training to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee per fiscal year
- If hiring and training an unemployed Albertan, up to 100% of training costs could be covered, up to $15,000 per trainee
- Sole proprietors can train their employees using CAJG
- Business owners with 4 or fewer employees are eligible to train themselves
- Employed family members of eligible employers can access training funds
- Assistance on travel costs for small and medium-sized organizations (outside of Edmonton and Calgary) when training is over 100km one way
- Carolyn Melnyk, Workforce Consultant / Operational Lead Employer Liaison Service, Labour and Immigration – Government of Alberta
Register for free today!
By registering to attend this event you are authorizing us to share your contact information with our event partners.
This program may be recorded.