Entrepreneurs create ideas for new products and services all the time. Let’s ensure yours is going places by exploring whether a market exists for your idea and what that market looks like.
We offer services and expertise in secondary market research. If you require primary market research or aren’t sure whether you need primary or secondary market research, please connect with a strategist.
Our service includes:
- Initial free 30-minute consultation
- The coordinator searches for data related to your market research question(s) and selects the data which will be most helpful to you
- The coordinator will provide this data to you by email within 10 business days
- A follow-up meeting
Submit a market research request!
Ready to get your market research? Simply click the link below to book a meeting and provide us with some preliminary information. You’ll receive a confirmation email so you know we got your request. A market research coordinator will be in touch with you about your request within 7-10 business days.
Why should Business Link help you with your market research?
We have access to 6 of the most extensive consumer and industry databases in North America
Dedicated one-on-one support from our market research coordinators, who have extensive experience working with market research and data
We use our expertise to find information that fits your business so you can make better business decisions
We’ve got your market research needs covered.
Whether you need research to determine if your new business idea is feasible or for developing your business plan, we can help. We can provide data related to:
- Consumer demographic information such as population, age and sex, income, education and occupation, ethnicity, and more
- Consumer psychographic information such as lifestyles and behaviours based on select target segments
- Household spending on consumer goods and services
- Business lists (competitors, suppliers, etc.) including data such as business type, location, revenue, number of employees, and industry
- Industry news and trends
- Industry average financial ratios
- Importing and exporting data
Business Link provides secondary market research expertise. Here’s how the service works:
Start by filling out a market research request form with some preliminary information about your business. You’ll then be asked to book an appointment with a Market Research Coordinator so they can learn more about your business and research needs.
During the appointment, your coordinator will help you define what it is that you want to learn from your market research. This includes which database(s) will be most helpful in answering your market research questions.
Once you determine the need for your business, the coordinator will collect any remaining information from you during your consultation and provide you with the information you need within 10 business days.
Does your idea fill a gap in the marketplace?
One way to find out if a market exists is to look at market data such as industry trends, demographics, and competitors. You can then use this data to help you with the next steps for your business launch or expansion.
As you do research for your business, there are some free resources that you can access online. Download this guide to discover resources that provide information on industries and the economy, businesses, consumers and households, and international trade.