Strategist – Indigenous Team
As a Strategist, you will assist Indigenous small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs in discovering services available through Business Link and external providers. This role provides trusted advice and valuable services that support clients in starting, running, and growing their businesses.
You are driven by a desire to make a positive impact on Business Link clients, guiding them through the challenges and milestones of their entrepreneurial journey. Building strong relationships with clients, ecosystem partners, industry stakeholders, and Indigenous communities is a key aspect of your work. Taking pride in contributing to the success of entrepreneurs and the overall economic growth of Indigenous businesses.
Business Link helps Alberta small businesses start and thrive.
Every Alberta small business has access to a hub of resources, knowledge, and connections.
Our values are at the core of everything we do:
- We are adaptable and flexible.
- We meet people where they’re at.
- We get things done and done right.
- We leave it better than we found it.
- We are willing to give and ask for support.
- We celebrate success and leverage failure.
- We work together to amplify our collective potential.
- We learn from each other and seek out inclusion of differences.
Location: Calgary or Edmonton (Hybrid)
- Assist clients in finding business services for Indigenous entrepreneurs at different stages of their business journey.
- Provide advice and innovative solutions through ongoing business coaching to help entrepreneurs build strong Alberta businesses.
- Engage partners in the entrepreneurial ecosystem to understand their needs and explore collaboration opportunities.
- Work with Indigenous community partners and service providers to increase Indigenous business opportunities.
- Actively participate in entrepreneurial events and consistently connect with entrepreneurs and stakeholders.
- Visit Indigenous communities regularly to establish and maintain meaningful relationships and offer Business Link programming.
- Deliver Business Link’s entrepreneurial programming through online and in-person channels and provide insight on programming needs of Indigenous entrepreneurs to the Client Services team.
- Degree in business or a related field, or a diploma in Business with 2 years of experience
- In-depth and direct experience with and/or knowledge of Indigenous communities and culture
- Business acumen and an understanding of small business and entrepreneurship
- Natural relationship-builder and connector
- Excellent communicator; public speaking experience will be an asset
- You have no problem using and learning new technologies
- Thrive in a changing environment where the needs of the client or organization are ever-evolving
- Class 5 Driving License
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary competitive with similar positions for other not-for-profit and government funded companies (We use the Boland Data)
- Employer paid extended health and dental
- STD, LTD, Life & Critical Illness insurance
- Company pension plan
- Employee assistance program
- 15 vacation days, 4 personal days, and 6 sick days, plus statutory holidays
- Up to $1,000 Annual Professional Development allowance, of which $250 may be used for corporate wellness
- Paid Christmas break (December 24 – January 1)
Business Link is an equal opportunity employer and prides itself on its diversity and inclusiveness.