1. Optimize Your Website for Free with Google Analytics
Optimizing your website starts with asking the right questions:
- How are people getting to your site?
- What are they looking at when they get there?
- How long are they spending on each page?
- How many pages are they looking at?
- Is it converting visitors into buyers?
These are big questions that many entrepreneurs give up on answering. To them, the internet and their website are a black box and all they can do is hope it’s doing something. The good news is, there’s an incredibly powerful tool you can use to find the answer to all those questions (and it’s free): Google Analytics. Check out our blog on the subject for a deeper dive.
If you’ve never set up Google Analytics or taken the time to learn how to navigate it, that’s your first step to optimizing your website. Set up your Google Analytics here. Once you’ve set up your Google Analytics and learned how to use it, you can start answering the above questions. This allows you to create a baseline for your website, charting where it’s doing well and where it’s failing. If you’re too busy, or just don’t want to dive in, don’t jump the cue and go to the next step. Talk to someone who can help – like us at In Front Marketing, for instance.