Peerpreneur Sessions give entrepreneurs the chance to participate in live, peer-to-peer virtual group discussions facilitated by a Business Link Strategist. Over a 4-week period, each group will connect on a weekly basis via video to discuss their business challenges, exchange best practices, and learn how to best support each other.
Why should entrepreneurs participate?
- Brainstorm with other entrepreneurs to find solutions to existing business challenges
- Share best practices and gain useful tips for success
- Accountability to the weekly goals that you set for your business
- Define a clear way forward for your business (e.g., 6-month action plan)
- Build a strengthened network of support and create meaningful relationships with other business owners
- Meet like-minded entrepreneurs who share a passion for small business
Who is this program for?
Peerpreneur Sessions are for existing business owners who are currently operating a small business or startup in Alberta. This program is for you if you are a business owner who:
- Feels alone on the entrepreneurial journey and who seeks community and accountability as you run your business
- Has specific business challenges and would benefit from brainstorming new ways to resolve these challenges
- Wants a fresh outside perspective on your business
Please note that this program is not for entrepreneurs who are still in the idea phase of their business. If you have a great business idea and would like to connect with a Small Business Strategist for support in making that idea a reality, connect with us today!
- Participants must be an existing small business owner in Alberta
- Be willing to commit to all 4 virtual group discussions
- Be willing to engage and interact with other entrepreneurs and share about their business
- Agree to the terms of the social contract which outlines the rules of engagement
- Peerpreneur Sessions will run monthly Peerpreneur Sessions will run monthly in February & March 2023. Deadline to apply is February 24, 2023.
- Groups will meet weekly for 4 consecutive weeks. Participants can choose only one group they are interested in joining.
Applications for Peerpreneur Sessions are currently closed.
Is there a cost to partake in the sessions?
No. The Peerpreneur sessions are free of cost to participants.
Who is this initiative for?
Business owners who currently run a small business in Alberta and who would like to build their network of support, share best practices and gain useful tips for success, and to brainstorm solutions to existing business challenges.
How many hours would I need to commit to be a part of this program?
There will be a total of four 90 minute weekly video sessions (for a total of 6 hours), plus the opportunity for additional time for discussions online. Outside of scheduled sessions, participating business owners may require additional time to complete self-directed goals and objectives.
What happens if I am unable to complete the sessions?
There are no formal consequences for dropping out of the program, however, we ask that only those who are serious and able to commit to all sessions apply.
Can I change my cohort after the program has started?
Unfortunately, this may not be possible.
How am I sure the program is a safe place for me to share my business ideas?
You should only share what you are comfortable with. All sessions will be moderated by a Business Link Small Business Strategist who will work diligently to ensure that the sessions are a safe and confidential place for participants to share their business ideas and challenges.
Who are the facilitators?
Each session will be facilitated by a Business Link Small Business Strategist. Our Strategists have extensive experience supporting small business owners and entrepreneurs and many of them are or have been entrepreneurs themselves!
Where will the sessions be held?
The sessions will be held virtually via Microsoft Teams video chat so you can attend from anywhere, as long as you have a sufficient internet connection.
How many entrepreneurs will be in each group or cohort?
Each group will consist of approximately 5-10 small business owners. The cohorts will remain the same throughout the duration of the program.
Can previous Peerpreneur participants apply again?
Yes you can. However, preference may be given to new applicants.
How are the cohorts decided & formed?
It depends on the type and quantity of applications received. Cohorts are often based around common themes between applicants. Acceptance is not guaranteed and we often receive high levels of interest.