Our monthly Immigrant Entrepreneurship Newsletter features some of the incredible immigrant entrepreneurs in Alberta that we support, like Aimé Edgard Mugisha, CEO of Iteka Tech. We spoke with Edgard about his journey and experience as an immigrant entrepreneur in Alberta.
1. What is your background?
We have been working in IT as bilingual Network Administrators since 2015.
2. Tell us about your business and what it does.
ITEKA TECH is a family-owned business operating in the middle of Edmonton and assisting Edmontonians and Mid-sized Businesses in different IT (Information technology) related issues and needs.
3. What motivated you to start your own business?
Our team understood that downtime and other IT problems that Edmontonians and mid-sized businesses were experiencing so we decide to start a business to help them and bring the best solutions for their company.
4. What are you most proud of? What is your biggest success?
We are proud of the little comfort and peace of mind that we have brought to our customers.
5. What has been your biggest challenge as an immigrant entrepreneur in Alberta?
The biggest challenge as an immigrant entrepreneur was to start an IT Support business in a field where few immigrants in it.
6. What has been your biggest challenge in light of COVID-19? How have you had to pivot your business?
The biggest one is that we no longer have physical contact with customers, we have adjusted to the online network support.
7. What has the pandemic taught you about you and/or your business?
We have found ways to do most of the work with less physical contact.
8. What advice would you share with other immigrant entrepreneurs in Alberta who want to start or grow their own business?
To pursue their dreams and keep growing their business.
9. How has Business Link/our Immigrant Entrepreneur Program helped you?
Jean-Jacques has been the perfect find for all of our business needs, a very professional and excellent business advisor with all the knowledge we could ever need to run a business.
10. What’s coming up next for you?
Starting a program to help young African immigrants to be involved in IT Industries
11. Anything else you would like to share?
Thanks for promoting immigrant entrepreneurs!
12. Do you have a website or social media accounts you would like us to link to?
KYN Apparel on Facebook
KYN Apparel on Instagram
KYN Apparel on Twitter