Advanced Financial Statements
This is an advanced session explaining the more advanced and complex concepts of financial statements, including: accruals, amortization, accelerated depreciation, accrued payables, work in process, non-operating income, goodwill, earnings per share and cash and accrual accounting.
- How are cash and accrual accounting different?
- Why is my balance sheet so complicated?
- What is depreciation?
- Why are prepaid expenses assets?
- How do I account for intangible assets?
- What are retained earnings?
- How are earnings per share determined?
- What is non-operating income?
- To be able to review and interpret more complex financial statements
- To understand the terminology needed to better connect with financial professionals
Join us to gain the skills you need to succeed. Register now to secure your spot.
Vanessa A. Brown, CPA
Vanessa grew up in a busy home where both her parents ran small businesses. That is where she learned the benefits and the challenges associated with operating a business. This experience motivated her to learn all she could to help small business owners succeed and thrive. At 14 years age she discovered that the accounting profession held many answers and ‘professional accountant’ became her career goal. Vanessa obtained the Certified Management Accounting designation, specializing in Strategic Leadership, in 2003. She later obtained the Chartered Accountant designation, specializing in Audit, Accounting, and Taxation, in 2007. These two accounting designations were merged into the one Chartered Professional Accountant designation on October 1, 2014.