Legal Bootcamp for Your Business
Whether you want to start a business, or you are already operating a business, you’re bound to come across legal questions:
- Do I need to incorporate?
- Should I trademark my name?
- Are contracts really that important?
Educating yourself and knowing the answers to these questions is important to the operation of your business.
With this webinar, we will offer answers to many of these legal questions and more. Participants will gain a better understanding of general legal concepts as well as a strong ability to identify legal issues before they become real problems.We will review:
- Business Structures – Choosing between incorporation, partnership, and sole proprietorship
- GST – When to signup for a GST number
- Intellectual Property – Using copyrights and trademarks to protect your brand and information
- Hiring Employees and Contractors: The critical differences between employees and contractors
Derek Hopfner is the co-founder of Founded, a leading legal automation platform used by 1000+ businesses, law firms and large enterprises. Founded automates legal work, including incorporations, legal documents, and ongoing compliance, providing a fast, intuitive and collaborative experience. Previously, Derek was a business lawyer in Edmonton and held director positions in several non-profit organizations.
Please note: this program is only open to Alberta entrepreneurs and small business owners and businesses operating in Alberta.
This program may be recorded.