Making Procurement Part of Your Small Business Plan – Part 1
Contrary to popular belief, close to 90% of government contracts go to small and medium businesses. You too can get in on the action. Learn how in this 5-part series.
If you’re a growing small business looking for opportunities to expand your sales, a successful contract bid with the Government of Canada may be a game changer for your bottom line.
This 5-part series provides hands-on training and one-on-one expert advice to guide you through the process of understanding, registering, and successfully completing your first contract bid with the Government of Canada.
Your trainers from Procurement Assistance Canada will:
- Give you the inside scoop on doing business with the Government of Canada. (GOC)
- Complete a live, interactive walk-through of the GOC procurement website.
- Work together with you in real-time to register and activate your supplier account with the GOC.
- Teach you how to navigate procurement opportunities in the many databases available to registered suppliers and locate “direct contracting” opportunities that do not require competitive bidding.
- Deep dive into a real tender document to understand the language and best practices for completing a successful bid.
This is a 5-part series. We recommend taking the first 3 sessions in advance of sessions 4 and 5.
May 3 – 11:00-12:00 – Myth Busting Federal Government Procurement
May 10 – 11:00-12:00 – Registering as a Supplier to Sell to the Federal Government
May 17 – 11:00-12:00 – Finding Opportunities to Sell to the Federal Government & Bidding Tips
May 24 – 11:00 -12:00 – Ask PAC Anything! All your Procurement questions answered.
May 31 – 11:00 -12:00 – Virtual Meet and Greet with all the key contacts that you should have in your contact list for the Government of Canada.
This series is designed for entrepreneurs with businesses 6 months or older with an active CRA Business Account. Businesses will need to supply this information when completing the procurement registration in session 2. You should be ready to register and seek out active bidding opportunities to gain the most benefit from your time.
Seating is limited to ensure attendees receive full interactive support and guidance during each session.
Please note: By registering to attend this event you are authorizing us to share your contact information with our event partners.
This program may be recorded.