Making Procurement Part of Your Small Business Plan
Many small business owners are intimidated by the prospect of bidding on a government contract, but contrary to popular belief, close to 90% of contracts go to small and medium businesses.
If you are a growing small business looking for opportunities to expand your sales, a successful contract bid with the Government of Canada may be a game changer for your bottom line.
Our 4 part series – “Selling to the Government of Canada: Making Procurement part of your Small Business Plan”, provides hands on training and one on one expert advice to guide you through the process of understanding, registering and successfully completing your first contract bid with the Government of Canada.
Your trainer, Kris Ruiter, A/Chief, Stakeholder Engagement for Western Canada, will:
- Give you the inside scoop on doing business with the Government of Canada (GOC).
- Complete a live, interactive walk-through of the GOC procurement website.
- Work together with you in real time to register and activate your supplier account with the GOC.
- Teach you how to navigate procurement opportunities in the many databases available to registered suppliers and locate “direct contracting” opportunities that do not require competitive bidding.
- Deep dive into a real tender document to understand the language and best practices for completing a successful bid.
- Lifetime access to the video modules.
- Access to Kris and his team for ongoing questions and support after training ends.
This is a 4-part series:
May 6 – 11:00-12:00 – Myth Busting Federal Government Procurement
May 13 – 11:00-12:00 – Registering as a Supplier to Sell to the Federal Government
May 20 – 11:00-12:00 – Finding Opportunities to Sell to the Federal Government
May 27 – 11:00 -12:00 – Bidding on Federal Government Tenders
This series is designed for entrepreneurs with businesses 6 months or older with an active CRA Business Account. Businesses will need to supply this information when completing the procurement registration in session 2. Your should be ready to register and seek out active bidding opportunities to gain the most benefit from your time.
Seating is limited to ensure attendees receive full interactive support and guidance during each session.
Register for free today!