Business Strategist – Indigenous Team
Business Link is a not-for-profit and government-funded organization responsible for serving entrepreneurs and small business owners and operators in Alberta. Founded over 25 years ago, Business Link has served thousands of companies and organizations through webinars, events/conferences/symposiums and direct one-on-one consultation. The Company has offices in Calgary and Edmonton and is looking to expand to co-locations in Red Deer, Grande Prairie, and Lethbridge. In addition to providing services, the Company also manages funding programs on behalf of the Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada. Business Link partners with many other organizations in the Alberta small business ecosystem.
Business Link helps Alberta small businesses start and thrive.
Every Alberta small business has access to a hub of resources, knowledge, and connections.
- As a Business Strategist, you assist Indigenous small business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs in discovering services available through Business Link and external providers.
- Your role is to provide trusted advice and valuable services that support clients in starting, running, and growing their businesses.
- You are driven by a desire to make a positive impact on Business Link clients, guiding them through the challenges and milestones of their entrepreneurial journey.
- Building strong relationships with clients, ecosystem partners, industry stakeholders, and Indigenous communities is a key aspect of your work.
- You take pride in contributing to the success of entrepreneurs and the overall economic growth of Indigenous businesses.
- Assist clients in finding business services for Indigenous entrepreneurs at different stages of their business journey.
- Provide advice and innovative solutions through ongoing business coaching to help entrepreneurs build strong Alberta businesses.
- Engage partners in the entrepreneurial ecosystem to understand their needs and explore collaboration opportunities.
- Work with Indigenous community partners and service providers to increase Indigenous business opportunities.
- Actively participate in entrepreneurial events and consistently connect with entrepreneurs and stakeholders.
- Visit Indigenous communities regularly to establish and maintain meaningful relationships and offer Business Link programming.
- Deliver Business Link’s entrepreneurial programming through online and in-person channels and provide insight on programming needs of Indigenous entrepreneurs to the Client Services team.
- Degree in business or a related field, or a diploma in Business with 2 years of experience
- In-depth and direct experience with and/or knowledge of Indigenous communities andculture
- Business acumen and an understanding of small business and entrepreneurship
- Natural relationship-builder and connector
- Excellent communicator; public speaking experience will be an asset
- You have no problem using and learning new technologies
- Thrive in a changing environment where the needs of the client or organization areever-evolving
- Class 5 Driving License
- Salary competitive with similar positions for other not-for-profit and government funded companies (We use the Boland Data)
- 15 vacation days, 4 paid personal days, and 6 paid sick days, plus statutory holidays
- 100% Employer paid health benefit package plus STD, LTD & Critical Illness
- Participate in the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Receive up to $1000 towards a relevant pre-approved course or workshop. $250 of thismay be used for corporate wellness
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Business Link is an equal opportunity employer and prides itself on its diversity and inclusiveness.