Digital Service Squad – Team Member
Business Link is currently seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidates for the position of Digital Service Squad (“DSS”) – Team Member as a part of the Digital Economy Program (“DEP”). This is a unique opportunity to help Alberta’s small business community thrive online.
As a member of the Digital Service Squad, you will be a key contributor to the success of the program. The Business Link Digital Service Squad is assigned to work remotely with small businesses in Alberta.
Business Link helps Alberta small businesses start and thrive.
Every Alberta small business has access to a hub of resources, knowledge, and connections.
Our values are at the core of everything we do:
- We are adaptable and flexible.
- We meet people where they’re at.
- We get things done and done right.
- We leave it better than we found it.
- We are willing to give and ask for support.
- We celebrate success and leverage failure.
- We work together to amplify our collective potential.
- We learn from each other and seek out inclusion of differences.
Location: Calgary or Edmonton (Hybrid)
- Conduct outreach to book digital appointments and onboard small businesses to the program.
- Research and assess pre-meeting to best understand the business and industry.
- Walk-through the Digital Assessment with the business owner and use appropriate inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals.
- Once the business has been on-boarded, the DSS Member will assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools/technology they want to activate.
- Assist with tasks related to the operations of marketing & communication function.
- The Team Member will activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies that businesses would like to use (i.e.: activating social media accounts, creating an online business profile, etc.)
- The Team Member may also provide some resources (articles, links, how-to guides, DEP videos) available through secondary sources that can help the business owner learn more about a particular tool that has been activated, or subject matter of interest.
Reporting and Feedback
- Team Members must complete their field notes about interactions with businesses in the CRM and report on a weekly basis to the DEP Manager
- Team Members must attend meetings as set out by the DEP Manager
The Team Member will be required to attend webinars, workshops and events related to Business Link and Digital Main Street, our partner in the Digital Economy Program. The purpose of which is to communicate the benefits of the program to business owners and to on-board them to the platform. There may be other duties, as required, that will be discussed with the Team Member as they arise.
- A diploma or degree in Business, Marketing, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Have strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Have experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment.
- Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g.: web, social media, e-commerce, etc.)
- Strong computer skills in MS Suite and Slack.
- Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered a strong asset.
- Previous experience working with small businesses is an asset.
- A self-starter with strong analytical and creative tendencies
- Ability to communicate in French is considered an asset.
- Experience working with BIPOC communities is an asset.
- Ability to travel periodically and work independently.
- Class 5 Driver’s License Required
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary competitive with similar positions for other not-for-profit and government funded companies (We use the Boland Data)
- Employer paid extended health and dental
- STD, LTD, Life & Critical Illness insurance
- Company pension plan
- Employee assistance program
- 15 vacation days, 4 personal days, and 6 sick days, plus statutory holidays
- Up to $1,000 Annual Professional Development allowance, of which $250 may be used for corporate wellness
- Paid Christmas break (December 24 – January 1)
Business Link is an equal opportunity employer and prides itself on its diversity and inclusiveness.